Dedicated Experienced Responsive Strategic
- • 20+ years experience practicing law
- • Licensed in Maryland and the District of Columbia
- • Graduate, Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California/Berkeley, 1982
- • Graduate with “Distinction”, Stanford University, 1977
- • BV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2nd highest rating based on peer review)
- • Excellent oral and written advocacy skills
- • State Courts of Maryland and District of Columbia
- • U.S. District Court, Maryland and District of Columbia
- • Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
- • District of Columbia Circuit Court of Appeals
- • U.S. Court of Claims
In private practice since 1997, I have been providing clients with skilled legal representation in the areas of civil litigation, employment discrimination, landlord/tenant disputes, appeals, estates/probate, and legal malpractice. Prior to establishing my law practice in 1997, I was an attorney with two federal government agencies and a lobbyist for two national trade associations.
Benefits of Hiring a Sole Practitioner Lawyer
Practicing law as an independent attorney allows me to develop a close working relationship with my clients. My clients receive the detailed care and consideration they need to pursue the legal process. Law firms, on the other hand, spread the legal work to other staff attorneys, which can jeopardize consistency and efficiency. Usually there is a partner in charge of the case with associates doing much of the work. When a client chooses a law firm, often they do not receive the individualized personal attention they expected; clients feel frustrated and overlooked. In addition, there are substantial costs incurred when lawyers divide up legal research, discovery and trial. As a sole practitioner, my operating overhead is lower, which allows me to provide my clients with quality legal representation at reasonable rates. My clients are provided with a more personal one-on-one working relationship that is both attentive and client-centered.
I believe that keeping a client well-informed is crucial to successful and satisfactory representation and will manage your case from start to finish providing competent and diligent service. To ensure my client’s expectations are met, frequent case updates are provided along with promptly returned phone calls and email. I take great pride in representing my clients through every step of the legal process and do so with integrity, reliability, compassion, and knowledge of law.
Free initial phone consultation
Mark G. Chalpin
116 Billingsgate Lane
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Cell: (240) 423-7227
Fax: (832) 201-7392